HNITH: Stop the Madness – Kanye ranked 4th Hottest MC in the Game?

Kanye West
It’s about that time of year that MTV makes its “Hottest MCs in the Game” list, with supposedly qualified hip hop know-it-alls. But really only thing that you can expect from any MTV/VH1 list of music is BS on top of BS on top of politics. Because really, hottest MC in the game comes down to the streets; heres their list…

HNITH
[vodpod id=Groupvideo.3627047&w=500&h=350&fv=configParams%3Dinstance%253Dnews%2526vid%253D442623]

1. Jay-Z
  2. Lil Wayne
  3. Drake
  4. Kanye West
  5. Rick Ross
  6. Gucci Mane
  7. Young Jeezy
  8. Fabolous
  9. 50 Cent
  10. Raekwon

Lots of problems with the list:

(1) If you’re gonna do one of these lists, be more efficient, go monthly, because Lil Wayne sells a million+ in a week and never reaches 1, and would have held it down for most of 08 (Kanye?, sike).

(2) Eminem sells the best of any hip hop artist in 09 (more than Jay), steps in the booth for Relapse 2, doesn’t make list. I mean he sold more than 600,000 units in his 1st week! WTF?

(3) T.I & The Game also get the Lil Wayne effect of the list not being efficient. It is clear that since the 08 list to now, they have both done more to be on this list than 50 Cent and Raekwon.

(4) Move Rick Ross to the bottom half of the list. His album was hot, but he’s a cop, MTV.

(5) Kanye on this list is a joke. He hasn’t even had a single, mixtape, you name it. Maybe features of Run This Town, and that Keri Hilson song. Man trust me, I live in an urban area, and he has all lost hood appeal/ spins. Gucci Mane is definitely deserving of that #4 spot hands down.

THE REAL DEAL:

1. Jay-Z
  2. Drake
  3. Lil Wayne
  4. Gucci Mane
  5. Eminem
  6. Young Jeezy
  7. Fabolous
  8. Rick Ross
  9. Jadakiss
  10. Raekwon or Kid Cudi

10 Responses

1. PROPS!

The world is a lot bigger then the streets.

Your list almost looks the same as MTV’s, Just minus Kanye.

I think they did a halfway decent job this year.

I didn’t get into a lot of the albums, but my respect is there.

I think of “hottest” as strongest market presence.

You’ve got to throw Kanye in there somewhere.

“I am/Not the Streets!”

PROPS!

October 12, 2009 at 2:15 PM

2. sinakilloptimist

Drake (I’m laughing soo hard I can’t type)
    I’ll give it to Hawaiin & soapy fame. He had a Hot year.Now,the question becomes why he had a Hot year.(Mr West)
    I have this “ring the bell system” when I hear a rhyme or transition to a new thought & for all you haters out there, Kayne wins this countdown everytime (I not talking about I heard that before BS before, I’m talking about New thoughts). I’m no expert. Where’s Kid Cudi?

October 12, 2009 at 4:30 PM

3. HNITH

Matter of fact, put kanye in the 7th spot move Loso to 10.

BTW you’re cleary not an expert cuz Kanye has never produced a Drake record ever.
    Drake deserves the number 2 and Wayne is the only contender.
    I have no idea what your talking about with the ring the bell system

October 12, 2009 at 4:47 PM

4. Where did he say anything about Kanye producing Drake?

October 12, 2009 at 5:02 PM

5. HNITH

The question becomes why he had a hot year. ( Mr West)
    – Drake is on Young Money. Apples, oranges

October 12, 2009 at 7:35 PM

6. sinakilloptimist

I’m talking about J-Z dude not drake. Now I know you crazy like that glue. The ring the bell thing is…i not explaining it again. It makes sense the first time.
    “Big K picked up where Young Hov left off”
    “Can make a diamond w/ his bare hands”

October 13, 2009 at 5:08 PM

7. HNITH

Oh Jay- z
    Makes perfect sense now….
    He produced a lot on BP3
    watching the hip hop honors, they honoring Def Jam,
    The most rememberable line that comes to mind is
    “I’m raping Def Jam til’ in the 100 million man” Jay -z

October 13, 2009 at 8:03 PM

• HNITH

“I’M* the 100 million man” my b

October 13, 2009 at 8:05 PM

8. MTG

whoaaa they have gucci man on the list?? I like him but his market presences is definitely not stronger than SOULJA BOY. and where is Jadakiss. I feel like Jadakiss gives it his all every year his album was 4 Mics i believe. and where is Eminem? holy crap. of Course Jay z is gonna be one.. he is Jay-z.. I do not see how Lil wayne is after Drake. THAT”S his little homie lmao. But it’s all about politics. What is real now a days. Every one is living a front in the industry. On that note. deee there was just a car accident outside my house let me call 911 peaceeee.

October 16, 2009 at 8:50 AM